· Active glider pilot since 1967. Flight instructor since 1981. Tug pilot since 1988.
· Diamond Badge Nr. 6517
· Instrument designer: consultant to Cambridge Aero Instruments, Nielsen-Kellerman
Corporation and ClearNav Systems. Software developer for several glide computers,
variometers, and Flight Recorders. Responsible for FR security standards and
· Functional designer of the first IGC-approved Flight Recorder
· Originator of the IGC file format.
· Early consultant to Flight Recorder Approval Committee 1996-1997. Responsible for
some FR security standards. Originator of the idea to remove Flight Recorder
specifications from the Sporting Code.
· Attended numerous WGC, Pre-WGC, and EGC competitions as technical expert for
· Barograph/Flight Recorder calibration station, instrument repairman
· Member of the organization (“GNSS Expert”) at World Air Games in 1997. Advisor to the
· Acting Team Captain at WGC 2003 (Poland), Team Captain at WGC 2012 (Argentina)
· Member of OSTIV Working Group for Light and Ultralight Sailplanes
· Former Soaring Society of America Director.
· IGC positions:
- IGC Alternate Delegate from USA
- Annex A Committee member
- Safety Pays Working Group member
- Scoring Software Testing Working group member (Chairman as of May 1, 2012)
- Communications and PR Committee member