Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Royal Military College of Canada. 1979
Employed by the Department of National Defence from 1974 to 1995 and Transport Canada, Civil Aviation from 1996 to 2011.
With the Department of National Defence, I have been responsible of managing avionics and instrumentation laboratories, of transport aircraft maintenance sections and of sections approving Quality Assurance systems.
With Transport Canada, Civil Aviation, I am responsible, for the management of an Aircraft Certification Division, for the Quebec Region. I manage engineers specialized in aeronautics and support personnel.
I acquired a vast experience in:
• Applying rules, regulations and standards on Airworthiness and Aircraft Certification.
• Managing financial resources.
• Development and management of technical, engineering and Quality Assurance personnel.
• Management of Aircraft Maintenance.
• Relationship with contractors, manufacturers, operators and project management offices in the military and civilian aerospace industry.
• Regulatory audits.
• Management of Quality Assurance.
• Total Quality Management.
• Use of computers and programming.
Retired from the Public Service of Canada May 11 to present
I am open to interesting opportunities where my experience and knowledge will be put to contribution.
Special Advisor to the Regional Director Civil Aviation May 2010 to May 11
Work on special projects such as Integrated Management system and Internal Quality Assurance.
Regional Manager, Aircraft Maintenance Apr 04 to Dec 04
Temporary assignment to acquire new competencies.
• Manage the regional maintenance activities and programs of aeronautical products such as Aircraft Service Difficulty Reports, regulatory audits, inspections and monitoring of transporters and Approved Maintenance Organisations.
• Act as regional senior technical re