The FAI has announced that it has opened the bid process that will determine the hosts for the 2015 FAI World Air Games. FAI Member Organisations, cities, regions, event organisers or commercial bodies interested in bidding for this event are asked to submit their initial expressions of interest to the FAI by 30 November 2012.
The FAI World Air Games is the flagship event of Air Sports. This multi-disciplinary event is the only world competition that brings together the various different Air Sports. It is a combination of elite competition and spectacular demonstrations which exemplify the very best that Air Sports have to offer.
“We are very excited to get the bid process for the next FAI World Air Games started and we look forward to receiving the applications. Hosting the FAI World Air Games, where the very best air sports athletes from all around the world pit their skills and talents against one another, is a unique way to promote the image of a city, region or even a country”, said FAI Secretary General Jean-Marc Badan.
Bid process timeline:
Phase 1 - 2012
|- Launch of the bid process
- Deadline for potential hosts to submit Phase 1 bid documents
- Short-listing by FAI Executive Board
End of June
|- Deadline for prospective bidders to submit their bid book
- Evaluation of bid books by FAI Experts, including visits to sites proposed by bidders
- Report from FAI Experts to the FAI Selection Committee
- Bid committees make final bid presentations in Lausanne (SUI)
- Awarding of the World Air Games 2015 by FAI Selection Committee
- Signature of Organiser Agreement
For detailed information on the bid process, please visit http://www.fai.org/world-air-games/wag-2015