News of Records

IPPI Card: Hungary

Information updated:
9 October 2012

Is the IPPI Card accepted in your country?

In Hungary the IPPI card is accepted. For the Hungarian Pilots the IPPI card is compulsory if they are in abroad. The IPPI cards are edited by the Hungarian Aeronautical Association.

What is the minimum legal insurance coverage required in your country?

In Hungary the pilots need to be held legal insurance for the third party liability minimum at 10 million HUF.

What additional coverage does your country recommend (such as medical insurance, search and rescue etc...)?

According to the Hungarian National Transport Authority in Hungary the special air medical certificate (Class 2 level of JAR-FCL 3) is required for the HG and PG activity.

Is your NAC prepared to provide a special insurance coverage for guest pilots who do not comply with your national law ?

Other information

The Hungarian Free Flying Association (HFFA) is a member of the EHPU. It consists 28 HG and PG clubs with almost a thousand HG and PG pilot. The HFFA is the official commission of the Hungarian Aeronautical Association (NAC).

In Hungary you are required to have an identification number on the wing.

Search and rescue can reach if you have a contact with the FIC (Flying Information Center).
In Hungary the space is uncontrolled up 2900 m AMSL. But there are a lot of controlled TMA, CTR, TRA and prohibited, restricted and dangerous airspace. You need an ICAO map which shows these areas.

You can get all information what you need from the HFFA officials:

László Kerekes (President) - Phone: +36 20 777 91 39

László Szöllösi (Safety and training officer) - Phone: +36 20 777 90 23