CIVL Plenary 2023 – A first report
The 2023 CIVL Plenary took part in Porto, Portugal, on March 2 and 3 (open meetings), and 4 and 5 (formal sessions). Twenty-six nations were physically represented by 37 delegates, alternate delegates, and observers. Representatives of eighteen nations followed the plenary online, including 9 delegates, as well as alternate delegates, observers, and CIVL working group members. Were also in Porto 10 Bureau members and Committee Chairs, the FAI President, a representative of the FAI Medical Commission, and observers from AFA and EHPU.
The plenary went through 22 reports, 36 proposals, 9 bids, and 9 award nominations. It elected a new CIVL Bureau and Committee Chairs. Finally, the Bureau appointed Officers.
These 2024 championships were awarded:
- European Paragliding Accuracy to Gjirokaster, Albania
- Pan-American Paragliding XC to Andradas-Minas Gerais, Brazil
These 2025 championships were awarded
- World Paragliding XC to Andradas-Minas Gerais, Brazil
- World Paragliding Accuracy in Alanya-Antalya, Turkey
- World Hang Gliding Class 1, 5 and Women to Ager, Spain
- World Hang Gliding Class Sport to Laveno- Mombello, Italy
CIVL Bureau members:
- President: Bill Hughes (USA).
- 1st Vice President: Igor Erzen (SLO)
- Vice-Presidents: Goran Dimishkovski (MKD), Cristiano Pereira (POR), Zeljko Ovuka (SER), Jamie Shelden (USA)
- Secretaries are Stephane Malbos (FRA) and Andy Cowley (GBR) for finances
CIVL Committee Chairs:
- HG: Jamie Shelden (USA)
- PG XC: Cristiano Pereira (POR)
- PG Accuracy: Martin Jovanoski (MKD) and Kamil Konecny (CZE)
- PG Aerobatic: Théo de Blic (FRA) and Alexandra Grillmayer (HUN)
CIVL Appointed Officers:
- Communication: Elena Filonova
- Environment: Thomas Senac
- Hike & Fly: Thomas Senac
- Jury & Stewards: Jamie Shelden
- Live-Tracker: Elena Filonova
- NACs Liaison: Zeljko Ovuka
- Records & Badges: Igor Erzen
- Safety: Fabio Loro
- Software: Igor Erzen
The next plenary will be in late February or early March 2024 in Mungyeong, South Korea.
More news soon!