21 Nov 2017
What’s up in CIVL in Autumn 2017
After our last report in September, we have plunged into even more work. See what’s up in CIVL in October-November 2017.
- Published the minutes of the Autumn Bureau meeting.
- Met FAI Head Office in Lausanne to discuss issues, policies and finances.
- Met French Federations to discuss the 2024 Paris Olympics prospects.
- Got ready for the FAI General Conference. Went to it: 5 days of meetings.
- Worked on different issues before and after the General Conference: competition management system, sporting licences, Jury handbook, anti-doping programs, World Air Games, Asian Games, Air Games Series, bidding process, organiser agreement, drones…
- Met the delegates of a few countries from the Airsport Federation of Asia (AFA) to discuss Asian development and sporting licences.
- Decided to add a half-day at the pre-plenary meetings to discuss Asian matters.
- Worked on the FAI new website.
- Decided to send two representatives at the Wuhan World Fly-In Expo (invitation from the organisers).
- Published the local regulations for the 2018 Pan American Paragliding championship in Brazil.
- Finalised SafePro Delta revision. It will be submitted to the 2018 plenary.
- Discussed live-trackers and competition managing systems. Talked with FAI and met Flymaster.
- Accepted Hong Kong in the new yearly IPPI scheme.
- Worked on the 2018 plenary agenda and on Bureau’s proposals.
- Discussed with Bulgaria IPPI Card issues.