Date of submission or update: May 18, 2015

Is the IPPI card accepted in your country ?

Yes. Pilots must also be familiar with Federal Aviation Administration regulations and airspace classifications to safely navigate in the National Airspace System

What is the minimum legal requirement coverage required in your country ?

In addition to the IPPI card, pilots flying in the United States must also be members of USHPA. Membership provides the necessary insurance coverage to fly in the US. Two memberships are available. 30 day membership can be obtained from instructors in the area pilots will be flying. Instructor locations are listed here: http://www.ushpa.aero/instructors_map.asp. Annual memberships can be obtained prior to arrival in the US and are available here: http://www.ushpa.aero/membership.asp

What additional coverage does your country recommend (such as medical insurance, search and rescue etc...) ?

Search and Rescue cards are highly recommended for the states where flying will occur. These are generally available at any outdoor sporting goods store. Medical insurance should be purchased separately if coverage is not provided while in the US.

Is your NAC prepared to provide a special insurance coverage for guest pilots who do not comply with your national law ?

USHPA provides two membership classes that provide insurance as a member benefit.  Information and links to joining USHPA are provided above.