04 Jul 2005
WPRS Update July 2005
Paragliding, hang gliding (class 1, class 2 and class 5), paragliding accuracy… The early july WPRS updates are available !
- PARAGLIDING Added were the Shambala Cup, Polish Open, Alpen Adria, Ivanec Open, Rat Race, British Open Mayrhofen, Vratsa Open Bulgaria, World Cup Bourg-St-Maurice, Veltins Schmitten Pokal, Italian Champs, Pokal Ratitovec Open. The following have not been entered as the results have not been received: Greek Nats Mt Kaimaktsalan, Nordic Open, Canadian Nationals, Lithuanian Open, Portuguese Champs (Douro and XC Challenge), Greek Nats Mt Kalana, Copa Pirineos, Staufen Cup, Monteavena-Guarnieri Trophy, BaWu Open, Stranik Open, Abtenau Open, Berchtesgarten Open, Shambala Cup, Slovenian/Austrian Open, Loma Lisa. From 2004 Korean Presidents Cup, Polish Cornizzola Cup, French Deux Alpes, Berga Spanish Open, Gianni Cerroni Open, X Copa Pirineus, Slovak Nationals, and the Loma Bola cannot be added until the sanction fee is paid. Bruce Goldsmith (GBR) now regains his lead from Christian Maurer (SUI) in 2nd. Christian Biasi (ITA) is 2 points behind in 3rd comfortably ahead of Torsten Siegel (GER). Jin Oh Kim (KOR) rises 3 places to 5th, closely followed by Tomas Brauner (CZE) in 6th. Paolo Zammarchi (ITA) is one point behind him in 7th while Toni Caniglia (SUI) jumps 6 places to make 8th place. Achim Joos and Nikolay Shorokhov (RUS) both drop 4 places to finish 9th and 10th. In the nations rankings Italy lead, well clear from the Czech Republic, with Germany in 3rd. More details are on the FAI website at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings/index.php?pkDiscipline=4 Paragliding competitions that qualify for WPRS points are listed on the FAI site at http://events.fai.org/paragliding/calendar.asp
- HANG GLIDING (Class 1) The Mt Itajiki Spring Flight, the Celtic Cup, Japan Champs and the Croatian Open have been added. We are still waiting for full results from the following competitions: Bavarian Open, Eva Menyhardt Open, Japan Chamionships, Flytec Open, Dell’Isola Open. And still missing from 2004 are 1st Sertao Voanda, Greek Nats Mt Kitheron, Mt Timifis and Mt Kozakas, Montana, Portuguese Open, Korean League. Oleg Bondarchuk (UKR) still leads, with Mario Alonzi (FRA) one point behind in 2nd, Gerolf Heinrichs (AUT) stays 3rd and Johnny Durand Jnr remains 4th. Up 2 places to 5th is Attila Bertok (HUN) while up 3 is Oliver Barthelmes (GER), displacing Brett Hazlett (CAN) who drops 2 to 7th, as does Kraig Coomber (AUS). Robert Reisinger (AUT) shoots up 8 places to be equal 9th with Raymond Caux (FRA). France dominates in top place, followed by Australia and Austria. Full details of the HG rankings can be found on the FAI website at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings/index.php?pkDiscipline=1 Hang Gliding competitions that qualify for WPRS points are listed on the FAI site at http://events.fai.org/hgpg/civl-calendar.asp
- CLASS 2 The Flytec results have not been received yet so are not added. After updating the ranking, strangely, Manfred Ruhmer (AUT) appears in 1st place with Brian Porter (USA) in 2nd and Bob Baier (GER) gains 11 places without clipping into his glider. Full details at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings/index.php?pkDiscipline=2 Class 2 competitions that qualify for WPRS points are listed on the FAI site at http://events.fai.org/hgpg/civl-calendar.asp
- CLASS 5 The Emberger Alm and the Swiss Champs were added. Still not complete are the Flytec Champs and the Dell’Isola Open. Alex Ploner (ITA) still leads but Johann Posch (AUT) jumps 5 places to 2nd. David Chaumet (FRA) stays 3rd while Walter Geppert (AUT) gains 2 places to 4th. Toni Raumauf (AUT) remains 5th ahead of Christian Ciech (ITA) who drops 4 places. Jacques Bott (FRA) makes the best gain of 11 places into 7th followed by Jurg Ris (SUI) up 4 places to 8th. Completing the top ten are Ralf Miederhoff down 5 to 9th and Manfred Trimmel (AUT) down 1 place to 10th. In the nations ranking Austria take a commanding lead from Italy with France in 3rd. Full details of the Class 5 rankings can be found on the FAI website at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings/index.php?pkDiscipline=6 Class 5 competitions that qualify for WPRS points are listed on the FAI site at http://events.fai.org/hgpg/civl-calendar.asp
- PARAGLIDING ACCURACY The European Cups in Trakoscan and the UK were added and no competitions were deleted. A Brit manages to make it into the top 10, otherwise dominated by Slovenians. All top 9 places stay the same, Matjaz Sluga and Matjaz Feraric stay 1st and 2nd Jaka Gorenc stays 3rd, Robi Zupan remains 4th. Matej Goste is still in 5th, Dusan Gorenc 6th while Tone Svoljsak and Alen Cizej tie in 7th. Frank Unuk is 9th and Nick Simmons (GBR) manages to break into the top 10. The nations ranking stays the same, Slovenia lead, GBR is 2nd and Serbia and Montenegro 3rd. Full details of the PG Accuracy rankings can be found on the FAI website at http://www.fai.org/paragliding/rankings/precision/ Paragliding Accuracy competitions that qualify for WPRS points are listed on the FAI site at http://events.fai.org/paragliding/calendar.asp