Hot topics in the drone world: FAI International Drones Conference and Expo 2018 Programme
Top drone experts from around the globe will present the latest developments and technology around the hot topics of drone sport, safety and innovation during the FAI International Drones Conference and Expo 2018.
The FAI has announced the programme for this influential event, which will be held at the EPFL Rolex Learning Centre in Lausanne, Switzerland. The two-day conference will take place on 31 August and 1 September, while the expo will be held from 31 August to 2 September, finishing with the EPFL Drone Race Cup.
Attendees will be from the Drones industry and related science community, governmental authorities and regulators, air sports organisations and media.
Friday 31 August – Day 1
Day 1 presents the larger picture of the world of Drones and Drone Sports, with presentations regarding the 2018 drone racing calendar, outlook for 2019 and demonstrations of the cutting-edge technology directing the future of drone sports.
- Simon Johnson from the Drone Industry Association Switzerland: Current Opportunities and Challenges of the Drones Industry
- André Borschberg from H55: Why Drones can play an important role in Aviation
- Grantley Reed from Freespace Drone Racing: Fans first: the FS500 large racing drones
- Drone team sports: two outstanding showcases
- Tim Hosenfeldt from Schaeffler Group, co-founder of the Formula E, opens the DRONEMASTERS Meetup
Saturday 1 September – Day 2
Speakers scheduled in the morning of Day 2 will discuss the latest issues regarding safety in air traffic management systems. The afternoon is dedicated to the latest drone innovation within areas such as humanitarian aid, security and transport.
- Revolution of classic air space management: how drones lead to live visibility of air sports and commercial air transport alike
- Take a seat on a taxi drone such as the Volocopter: live presentation
- Julien Rebetez from Picterra: Artificial intelligence and Earth observation imagery from drones and satellite
The conference, with international speakers and expert-led discussions, will form a central part of the unique EPFL Drone Days, an event hosted by the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, a renowned engineering college, research institute and centre for excellence in robotics research. It comprises a cutting-edge drone technology showcase and demonstrations as well as the thrilling 2018 SRSA World Cup.
EPFL Drone Days includes:
- The FAI International Drones Conference and Expo
- The EPFL robotics showcase
- The 2018 SRSA Cup (Drone Racing World Cup)
Social Media Channels