New Ranking Software Operative
From May the 23rd, the new ranking software is operative. The World Pilot Ranking System (WPRS) was created in 1998. The original formula for scoring points evolved throughout the years and now list more than 8 000 pilots from 55 nations in 8 categories. In 2005, CIVL decided to upgrade its scoring and ranking software. In February 2006, the first modifications were agreed upon by the Plenary.
- All competitions, pilots and results
- Class I Hang gliding
- Class 2 Hang Gliding
- Class 5 Hang Gliding
- Paragliding Accuracy
- Paragliding Aerobatics
- Acro World Cup
Official rankings prior to May the 1st 2006 are available at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings_old/ (but will not be corrected for errors).
MORE ABOUT THE NEW RANKINGS...
The formulas have not been changed and there should be very little modification in each pilot ranking.
The formulas have not been changed and there should be very little modification in each pilot ranking. However, there are alterations in the season parameters. These alterations are explained at http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/rankings_old/ (you have to click on the chosen discipline and on "Formula" and enter).
The new system offers many advantages:
- all competition results since 2001 are shown.
- pilots can log in, have access to their individual files and update or correct some information (spelling, address…).
- rankings and competitions can be search through many options (name, year, country, discipline…).
- rankings evolve day by day, as competition results are added.
- rankings are frozen and archived on the first of each month. They are then easily accessible.
- gradually, organisers will be able to register their competitions directly online.
- gradually, pilots will be able to enter competitions online.
- Please check that your personal record shows correct information. By going to the registry page (under the Pilots menu), you can update some of these information.
- If your nationality is wrong (or missing), please contact Paula Howitt
- If you are not in the WPRS even though you flew recently in Cat 1 ort 2 competition, please contact Paula Howitt